- Master arbitrator sides with The Sigalov Firm and supports lower arbitrator’s right to follow Westchester over Unitrin.
- Aggressive cross-examination of the adversary’s peer-review doctor wins the case.
- The Sigalov Firm researched the peer reviewer and found prior disciplinary action based on testimony that did not meet professional standards.
- A verification request was unanswered but the Sigalov Firm won on a technicality.
- A denial based on IME reports, some of which have not been provided, is judged to be defective.
- This case represents a common situation: carrier denies claim based on an IME despite numerous positive findings.
- The Sigalov Firm successfully showed that the IME notice was sent to the wrong address and won the case.
- Master arbitrator sides with The Sigalov Firm–Unitrin does not apply to late denials.